As a romance travel planner, I love learning about the newest resorts, best destinations and popular tours- but as someone whose guilty pleasure has been watching ABC’s The Bachelor and The Bachelorette for many years, watching the affect on tourism during the airing of each episode has been so interesting over the years, whether exotic destinations like Thailand or relatively unknown locations such as Croatia, all have benefited in the exposure from the shows. And yes, I had best know the destinations and resorts especially for Fantasy Suites and Final Rose Ceremony Locations.
These are ten of the most popular film locations, maybe one will be perfect for your next romantic getaway:
- Thailand – Who could forget Sean Lowe and Catherine from season 17 riding off on the back of an elephant after their romantic final rose ceremony –
2. Saint Lucia – has hosted The Bachelor and UK spin off The Bachelor UK four times – according to Karolin Troubetzkoy with Jade Mountain – the rooftop deck at Jade Mountain has played host to several final rose ceremonies most notably Jake Pavelka’s proposal to Vienna Girardi from season 14 – ** several of my clients have hosted their proposals on this rooftop deck.
3. Curacao – was the location for The Bachelorette season 8 when Emily Maynard picked Jef Holm during her final rose ceremony on the show – The Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club hosted two one on one dates and also the final rose ceremony and proposal This boutique beachfront getaway features charming colorful Dutch colonial architecture, cobblestone paths and lush tropical gardens – Photo Credit Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club
4. Antigua – The Verandah Resort & Spa was the location for season 9 of the bachelorette when Desiree Hartsock and Chris Siegfried got engaged – location hear Devil’s bridge, these beachfront villas are a perfect option for your honeymoon or romantic getaway, luxury all inclusive resort, situated on 30 beachfront acres, amazing ocean views and lush gardens.
5. Hawaii – Hawaii Island ( The Big Island of Hawaii ) – Four Seasons Hualalai was the location for Jillian Harris and Ed Swiderski ‘s proposal on The Bachelorette season 5 ~ located in the historic settlement of Ka’upulehu this boutique luxury resort is situated on the a gorgeous white-sand beach, King’s Pond carved from volcanic rock is home to over 92 species of tropical fish in the 1.8 million gallons.
6. Bora Bora – Tahiti Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort and Spa, Bora Bora, Tahiti was the location when Ali Fedotowsky got engaged on season 6 – what is more romantic than a overwater pool bungalow in the South Pacific?
7. Jamaica The Bachelor Ben Higgins finale took place at Rio Chico, by Sandals Resorts, but also Sandals Royal Plantation and Sandals Ocho Rios were featured (hardly a week goes by that someone doesn’t inquire about Ben and JoJo’s fantasy suite at Sandals Ocho Rios)
8. Fiji – award winning Vomo Island Resort was the location for Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum ‘s engagement on season 7 of The Bachelorette – this is one of those resorts that you might not want to ever leave, on a five star, 225-acre privately owned island-gorgeous beaches, gracious service.9. Costa Rica – Bachelor Peter Weber stayed at boutique The Springs Resort & Spa-Costa Rica which provided the perfect backdrop for romance. This resort has great views of the Arenal Volcano, natural hot and cold springs, an amazing full-service spa, and five dining experiences. Nearby guests can enjoy so many activities such as river tubing, horseback riding, rock climbing, visit an animal sanctuary, exploring waterfalls and so much more.
10. Croatia – relatively new to the romance tourism market, but romantic strolls through the cobblestone streets of Dubrovnik, dinners in romantic castles, handsome men in traditional attire showing off their archery skills have greatly improved Croatia’s romance tourism market (especially from the USA) each of the seasons that filming was done there. I know I have personally put together several custom Croatia honeymoon packages for clients influenced by watching the The Bachelor and The Bachelorette – check out this Travel Guide from The Bachelorette.
Want to learn more about any of these destinations or resorts? Email Linda@honeymoonsinc.com or Call Direct 931-337-0770