So many honeymoon couples dream of staying in an overwater villa or bungalow for at least part of their honeymoon, until they realize how long the flights are from the east coast of the USA to the South Pacific or Maldives and how expensive these vacations can be. Good news! in the last few years there have been several options open in the Caribbean and Mexico – these are a few of my favorites. The desire for privacy and bespoke experiences are more sought after during the pandemic than ever, so book early for best availability as most of these sell out two years in advance.
- St. George’s Cay Resort, Belize – a private island experience, barefoot elegance with unparalleled service. Located only 7 miles from Belize City, so close to the mainland – but yet worlds way in a secluded paradise. Each Overwater Cabana features a thatched roof overlooking the Caribbean Sea, hammocks, on a halfmoon shaped pier with incredible sunset views, air conditioning, private baths, robes mini-fridge -nightly room rates include airport transportation, non-motorized water sports. swimming pool, WIFI in main lodge and outdoor dining areas – Add on Meal Plans are available to add to your package.
2. Royalton Antigua – Antigua Chairman’s Overwater Bungalows at Royalton Antigua include a master bedroom with king bed, sitting area, dining room, swim-out infinity plunge pool overlooking the ocean, overwater hammock, glass floors to view the marine live below – luxury service, direct butler transfers to your bungalow upon arrival to the resort – the only overwater bungalows in Antigua.
3. Aruba Ocean Villas- Aruba private paradise that calls you to unplug from your day to day life and claim a romantic spot for two people in love, or perfect for your elopement or intimate wedding – This hidden gem off the beaten path in Aruba, gives guests the feeling they are the only people on the island. Standard services include concierge services, a fine dining restaurant “The Old Man & The Sea Restaurant “, complimentary Wi-FI, non-motorized water sports such as snorkeling, paddle boarding and kayaking. Additional amenities include a spa. Aruba Ocean Villas is a great choice for those seeking an overwater experience and are the only overwater bungalows and villas in Aruba, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea. Located in the historic old capital of Aruba, Savaneta.
4. Palafitos at El Dorado Maroma, Riviera Maya, Mexico – These 30 pristine suites were the first overwater bungalows on the Riviera Maya, each bungalow features glass bottom floors to view marine life below, private infinity pool, direct ladder access to the ocean, romantic “Aguas del Amor” outdoor shower, indoor whirlpool tub for two, oversized deck with wooden lounge chairs~ Watch the sun rise and set from your private deck, butler service to care for your every whim, resort offers overwater grill & wine bar exclusive for Palafitos bungalow guests, over water Naay Spa experience exclusive for Palafitos guests.
5.Sandals Over-The-Water Private Island Butler Villa with Infinity Pool and Over-The Water Private Island Bungalows at Sandals Royal Caribbean, Jamaica these exquisite overwater love nest suites are located on a private island just across from the main part of the resort- each villa offers glass floors, overwater hammock, private butler service, king size bed, private infinity pool with outdoor shower, each bungalow offers the same amenities except for the infinity pool -extended deck with lounge furniture, exclusive in room dining and room service menu – direct access between the private island and the main resort by “Royal Duffy” luxury boat, Personal airport greeting, expedited immigration service, private BMW chauffeur-driven transfers, welcome gift, Molton Brown bathroom amenities, Exclusive House of Marley sound system.
6. Over-the-water Bungalows at Sandals South Coast, Jamaica – Each bungalow offers an expansive patio featuring Sandals signature tranquility soaking tub for two, overwater hammock, outdoor shower and a suspended patio with swim-up platform, interior with glass floors to view marine life below, king size bed and spa style bath -private butler service, exclusive in-room dining and room service-menu , personal airport greeting and expedited immigration service, private transfers in a chauffeur driven luxury car, welcome gift and Molton Brown bathroom amenities. These also come with a beach cabana for use during your stay.
7. Over-the-water Bungalows at Sandals Grande St Lucian, St Lucia – Each bungalow offers an expansive patio to admire the ocean from your private outdoor tranquility soaking tub for two or overwater hammock. Each bungalow boasts beautiful hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, custom crafted king-size beds, a smart TV, ceiling fan, spa style bath with his and her sinks, backlit mirror, walk in shower, Outdoors, your private patio is equipped with extended sun deck, outdoor shower, sun loungers, bistro set for two, Elite Butler Service – although airport transportation is included in your package – I always confirm Helicopter Transfers for my clients to get them to the beach quicker – under 15 minutes from the international airport in the south to the smaller airport in the north and then on to the resort in private transfers.
Want to book one of these over-the-water experiences for your next romantic getaway?
Email [email protected]
Call Direct 704-486-7264
Connect on Instagram @LindaDancerhmi