Los Cabos has always been one of my personal favorite destinations in Mexico, the introduction of new nonstop flights from cities such as Milwaukee, St. Louis, Nashville, Cleveland and others has created quite the buzz. Los Cabos continues to elevate guest experience with the introduction of new luxury hotels including Nobu Hotel Los Cabos, Four Seasons Resort Los Cabos at Costa Palmas, Hyatt Ziva & Zilara, Grand Velas and Grand Solmar Rancho San Lucas adding to perennial favorites such as Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf and Spa and One & Only Palmilla.
Los Cabos Essentials:
- Los Cabos is located at the southernmost tip of Mexico’s Baja California Peninsula and is made up of the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo connected by a 20-mile corrider and surrounded by the waters of the Sea of Cortez and deep waters of the Pacific Ocean.
- Los Cabos is a subtropical desert with up to 350 sunny days a year and 42% of the territory of Baja California Sur are natural protected areas.
- More than 500 weekly flights from 42 destinations across the USA and Canada including the new nonstops listed above arrive into the modern Los Cabos International Airport, roads in this region are very accessible and safe.
- While the weather is beautiful all year, the best time to visit is from November to May
- Not all beaches in Cabo are considered swimmable, so if beaches are important to you make sure you confirm the beach or pool options at your resort.
Los Cabos four main tourist destinations:
- Cabo San Lucas – very lively and with endless things to do including legendary nightlife, artisan shopping, dining and golfing
- Tourist Corridor – The 20 mile tourist corridor connects San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas , with beautiful beaches and desert views, a wide range of accommodations are found here.
- San Jose del Cabo-relaxed and welcoming – offering art walks, boutique shopping and diving Estero, an estuary that harbors colorful tropical fish.
- Cabo Pulmo (approximately two hours from San Jose del Cabo)- nicknamed “the Aquarium of the World” this is home to the only hard reef in the Gulf of California, a protected national marine park with more than 800 species of marine life, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Charming towns and historic cities dot the Pacific coast and the coastline of the Sea of Cortez and make for great day trips from Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo including – El Triunfo (1.5 hours) historic silver mining town, La Paz (2 hours) great place to observe whale sharks other popular spots to explore like Loreto, Comondu and Mulege are a six or more hour drive.
Los Cabos continues to elevate itself as the best destination in Mexico by improving service levels, unique experiences, world class spas, safety, destination weddings, natural landscape and easy flights so I encourage you to consider a vacation in Los Cabos and discover the Baja Way of Life.
Want to learn more about Cabo San Lucas ?
Email [email protected] or call direct 931-337-0770
PC – Four Seasons Resorts and Linda Dancer