While the borders to Bermuda are currently closed to visitors, now is the perfect time to learn more about this tranquil island in the Caribbean –
Just twenty-one square miles, the island of Bermuda is home to some of the prettiest beaches, historical sites, natural beauty and amazing accommodations – we took the town bus around the island- out to the The Royal Naval Dockyard, a great way to explore the island- Regardless if you are traveling as a family, celebrating your honeymoon or milestone wedding anniversary or traveling alone to recharge your soul – Bermuda offers something for everyone.
Fun Fact :
Did you know that according to Gentleman’s Journal, that John Lennon’s time spent in Bermuda inspired him to pen his last album Double Fantasy after years of writer’s block.
Good to know about Bermuda :
- Bermuda’s proximity to the East Coast of the USA makes a it a popular destination for quick long getaways
- Pastel colors and white-roofed homes, pink sand beaches, a crystal blue waters draw visitors to the island
- Valid passports are required for USA residents and must be valid for six months past return date
- Bermuda has a mild climate warmed by the gulf stream with an average annual temperature 68-76 degrees and average annual rainfall 48″
- Destination Weddings are very popular – from pink sand beaches overlooking the South Shore at Elbow Beach, rugged coastal rock formations fringed by the turquoise ocean at The Reefs or historical settings such as the Unfinished Church a UNESCO World Heritage Site whose soaring stone arches create a sunning setting for a wedding as these photos by Jose Villa show, Fort Hamilton or sites overlooking the harbor or even a sailing yacht – so many options to choose from. I work closely with several top wedding planners on the island.
My personal thoughts – I loved visiting Bermuda’s east end art district – in fact I have several paintings from some of my favorite artists collected from island visits hanging in my home – exploring the Town of St. George while strolling along cobblestone streets transports you to another time- come for art and stay for Happy Hour at several popular locations- be sure to try a Dark ‘n Stormy or Rum Swizzle two of Bermuda’s legendary cocktails, my personal favorite the Beach House with amazing ocean views and many have entertainment, sunset viewing and bonfires.
Let’s talk soon about booking your next vacation, honeymoon or destination wedding in Bermuda!
email@email@example.com or call direct 931-337-0770