Are you considering a destination wedding but the only thing holding you back is that you have always dreamed of getting married in a church or a Catholic Ceremony blessed by the church is a non-negotiable item for your family? Are you aware that there are several resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean that have intimate chapels on property that can host your religious or Catholic Wedding Ceremony?
Depending upon the size of your group, adults only or multi-generational with children in attendance, physical limitations such as climbing stairs, is an all-inclusive option a must for you? These are some of the criteria question I use to help my clients narrow down the destination wedding resort with a chapel.
These are a few of my favorites:
- One & Only Palmilla, Los Cabos – if you are looking for a resort and wedding location full of history, glamour and exclusivity One & Only Palmilla is perfect for you – this white-washed -chapel is so pretty, arrive to your ceremony in a horse drawn carriage-perfect for intimate ceremonies up to 40 guests inside the chapel.2.Hotel Xcaret- Inspired by ancestral traditions, Hotel Xcaret Mexico is a sanctuary unto itself, but their new Espiral Chapel elevated on a pyramid has unbeatable panoramic views, so charming with the coolest natural light fixtures and hanging angel sculptures – perfect for catholic ceremonies or other religious ceremonies – this resort has so many hidden treasures your guests will spend their time discovering something new each day – have your wedding reception in a cave – how’s that for fun ? Added bonus of access to Xcaret,Xel-Ha and other nature parks – for brides and grooms and wedding guest who love to explore and experience – the perfect location to host your wedding – many wedding benefits.
3.El Dorado Maroma Resort by Karisma – no matter what type wedding you are looking for the wedding team at El Dorado Maroma can deliver it – this beachfront traditional wedding chapel is so pretty (bonus for your honeymoon – this resort is home to Palafitos-overwater bungalows) , gourmet inclusive
4.Frank Warren Chapel – Sandals Montego Bay Resort, Jamaica- recently refurbished, now with air conditioning, new light fixtures and painting, sets 80 comfortably on polished wooden pews, gorgeous fountains and gardens just outside. Sandals Resorts Weddings
5. Moon Palace Cancun – the Chapel Collection Wedding package is perfect for the couple wanting a contemporary, unique wedding venue, but need a chapel – priest for Catholic ceremony, extras available include a harpist, floral packages, semi-private dinner reservations for up to 30 guests after the ceremony and more -arrive by horse drawn carriage.
6. Hard Rock Riviera Maya- the San Charbel Catholic Chapel (indoor and air conditioned)guests capacity 80 guests- glass walls for gorgeous views overlooking the resort lagoon- looking for a resort with a nonstop party for your guests? This is a perfect option – many wedding packages to choose from.
7. Generations Riviera Maya by Karisma – This resort for wedding guest of all ages- luxury accommodations for all your wedding guests, gourmet cuisine inclusive, this rustic chapel is full of charm and a variety of wedding packages –
8. Grand Velas Riviera Maya- Virgen de Gudalupe Chapel – seating capacity 170 guests – luxury resort for everyone, amazing spa – situated on 80 beachfront acres
9.Barcelo Maya Palace Wedding – Mayan influences add charm to this chapel, for couples who want a Catholic ceremony, the resort and wedding planner can take care of every detail. A variety of wedding packages available
10 . Sandals Resorts Overwater Chapels – all three overwater chapels at Sandals Montego Bay, Sandals Ochi Beach and Sandals South Coast have all been blessed for Catholic Ceremonies, luxury adult-only resorts-
To learn more about hosting your destination wedding or elopement at one of these amazing resorts Email Linda@honeymoonsinc.com or call direct 931-337-0770