Now more than ever, taking care of yourself is so important – and while traveling even more so. These are five important things to consider while you travel, especially during cold and flu season and this pandemic.
- Wash Your Hands – I know you have heard it 1000 times in 2020 – but this is one of the first lines of defense in taking care of yourself as you travel during the pandemic or flu season
- . Wear a Mask – whether you wish to or not, when traveling the airlines are going to require that you wear one at all times and while in the airport, so plan ahead and find one that is comfortable for you and your traveling companions.
3. Stay Hydrated – keeping the body hydrated helps the heart pump blood easier through the blood vessels and to your muscles, helping them work more efficiently, making sure your heart does not have to work as hard – Dehydration can be a serious condition leading to swollen feet, headache or life-threatening illnesses such as a heat stroke. “If you get thirsty, chances are you are already dehydrated” so drink water. Remember – Hydration isn’t just important during physical activity, but also during vacations when you are sitting in the sun on a hot/humid day, airplanes can dry you out as well and especially if you are on medications – keep tabs on your hydration while traveling.
4. Wear Comfortable Shoes – when traveling comfort beats fashion always, no matter how cute or sexy the shoes are, on long travel days the last thing you want is a blister or aching feet Allbirds is one of the most popular shoes for me personally – comes in a variety of colors – I wouldn’t begin a long trip without mine
5. Get Plenty of Sleep – try to finish packing early so you can go to bed at a decent hour the night before you leave for your trip,if you are like me your flight will depart early, so take a nap on the plane if possible – remember that quality sleep helps improve immune functions and keep you healthy.
This blog post wasn’t as exciting as visiting a beautiful destination or resort – but these these crazy days of 2020, those of us who need a vacation, to get back to some sort of normal, and improve our mental health and nothing does that for me like a vacation – and paying careful attention to these small things can help protect me and also make sure I have more fun on my vacation.
Need to plan your next vacation? Email me Linda@honeymoonsinc.com or call direct 931-337-0770
Photo Credits shutterstock, pexel , allbirds