Congratulations on deciding to vacation in beautiful Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. It is a wonderful destination for your Destination Wedding, Honeymoon or Family Vacation, but traveling there is just a little different than flying into other Caribbean Islands, so I wanted to share a few helpful tips that might help you.
1. On your flight into Punta Cana you should have been given an immigration form, make sure to have it filled out completely
2. Although a modern airport, you will deplane via portable air stairs, then board a bus that will take you to the terminal
3. All visitors must purchase a $10 USD Visitors Card (so make sure you take a little cash with you), you will then take the receipt you are given along with your immigrations form and passport to the immigrations officers
4. I normally use a porter to assist me with claiming my luggage and then assisting me to the Customs officers
5. For your departing flight, you will be given a Dominican Republic/USA immigrations form (if holding a US passport) as you are in line to check in your luggage with your airline, I take the time while sitting at the gate waiting to board to fill this form out so you do not have to deal with it on the flight home.
6. Lots of Duty Free Shopping once you clear security, but remember if you are connecting to another flight beyond your first point of entry into the United States, there is the 3oz rule for liquids, so those large bottle of alcohol that you purchase will have to go in your checked luggage.
7. Food for purchase to take on your flight or to enjoy a quick meal before your flight include Wendy’s, Sbarro, Cinnabon, Sushi Bar, CaiCali (Nathan’s Hot Dogs), Sky Bar & Lounge, Cinnabon and Baskin Robbins Ice Cream
8. When it is time to board your flight, you will line up by zones as normal, but you will board the bus to take you out to your departing flight. Keep your Passport and boarding pass handy because you will have to show them again at the bottom of the air stairs before you can board your light.
Direct Line 828-256-1520 Toll Free 1-888-811-1888 ext 331