New announcement from The Royal Hawaiian, one of O’ahu’s best known luxury resorts, located on Waikiki Beach. Don’t miss these exciting and unique music performances on your next Hawaii trip!
The Royal Hawaiian – Curators of Hawaiian Music
Beginning July 9, The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki, celebrates its return to grandeur with an indigenous music series in the “Carnegie Hall of the Pacific,” the Monarch Room. The “Curators of Hawaiian Music” is a weekly cocktail-style event with two performances each Thursday evening by award-winning local musicians. The series was created in an effort to bring the rich musical legacy of The Royal back to life and to pay tribute to Hawaiian culture as part of the re-culturalization of Waikiki.
The show is scheduled on Thursday nights beginning July 9, 2009-December 24, 2009 and includes performances by talented Hawaiian entertainers:
His name means gift, and his music is just that – a gift for the senses. Blending elements as diverse as folk, classic and rock, Makana has taken slack guitar to whole new heights. Don’t miss this very special performance!
- Hawaiian Slack Key, World Fusion Influence
- Performance Dates: August 6, 13, 20, 27, 2009
- First Show: 6:30pm – 7:30pm, Second Show: 8:30pm-9:30pm
- Doors open 30 minutes prior
- Merchandise sales immediately following the performances.
- Autograph signing after show for 20-30 minutes staged in the Coronet Lounge.